Monday, April 28, 2008

"I'll do it by myself, mom"

Javi never ceases to amaze me with how independent he is. Tonight, we
were at Souplantation (an all-you-can-eat soup and salad restaurant)
and he wanted to do everything by himself. He carried his own tray,
picked out all the veg he wanted, then ate it dry (much better than
me, I have to have dressing). He got all the fill ups of lemonade by
himself, soup, and even went to get some garlic bread for me and pizza
bread for Ethan. I was so impressed by his independence and maturity.
He chose to eat healthy, I didn't have to coax him. Javi just a couple
of years ago would only eat chicken nuggets, now he will choose an
apple over cake, salad over burritos, it's amazing how far he has come
and I am so proud of him!

Shanna Grimes
(Sent from my iPhone)

1 comment:

Mama Skates said...

wow javi - i need u to give me your secret....my son jaden hates veggies & i have to make him eat them....how do i get him to eat them as well as you?! ;0)